Friday, May 7, 2010

Chicken Paprikash

In my hometown, chicken paprikash is a meal that is commonly found, whether you are at a sporting event, restaurant, friends house, or even some type of celebration. Chicken paprikash is a dish that is enjoyed by just about everyone at home and just about everyone's family has there own recipe for it. I think a big reason why chicken paprikash is such a common dish is because it symbolizes a very family style, hearty meal. In my hometown of Avon, Ohio, family is an important concept and everyone pretty much knows everyone. I think that, in a way, chicken paprikash represents this aspect of Avon by providing a homely meal for friends and family during gatherings of any sort.

2 comments:

  1. My mom makes some great chicken paprikash! I love that dish. I think its great that you related to how it symbolizes a family hearty meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool when a smaller community has something that they all can share together and enjoy. It allows everyone to bond and relate to one another. I'm curious what the basic dish is made up of...of course chicken, but how is it prepared? Personally I like chicken in any form, so it sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete